Monday, February 25, 2008

Let's Procrastinate This Week!

Currently, I am working on a Physics lab for tomorrow. It involves resistors, currents, and the whole she-bang. Instead, I end up taking breaks and noticing things that can distract me.

The Ben Affleck/Kimmel Reply Video came on tonight.



Needless to say, I was disappointed. This actually felt like a summer blockbuster without the sizzle. It had a huge cast, tons of cameos, but ultimately lacked what made that first video great. What made that first video great was the surprise over how awesome Matt Damon was in the video and his ability to really outshine Sarah Silverman in the video. I'm willing to admit that Matt Damon's performance was what made me fall in love with that video. This...this just reeks of over-indulgence. Plus, the bleeps in the Silverman/Damon video were endearing and spaced out enough that it didn't interfere with the enjoyment of the song. The constant "bleeping" made it difficult to enjoy this video. Although Affleck was more hands on than his "Good Will Hunting" partner, he also just played the gay joke in a one note manner. You would think that after "Chasing Amy" (which is on Criterion, what?!), he would pick up on something. Oh well. "WHOA. They almost leaned in for a kiss. WHOA. They're not wearing shirts and putting their hands in each other's pants. Big Whoop." It's such a waste of talent too. Hell, McLovin' was in that video. It was PURE fanservice. I'm not against fan service, but this just was not that entertaining.

Harrison Ford stole the show for one scene though and provided the only "wtf" moment.



Patapon is that rare game the just SCREAMS Japanese and AWESOME-O at the same time. I love this game. This is the most innovative game design of the year and I am glad that I actually own a PSP. I just really like sending black lemming-like creatures to their doom while wielding axes and arrows. It is sheer gaming brilliance. Pata Pata Pata Pon!



Finally, I want to link to this site. It's a really cool optical illusion that focuses on the right brain vs left brain. It will fuck with your mind. Seriously.

No comments: