Monday, April 28, 2008

Machine Girl - Awesome Asian Film of the Month!

First off, let's get past the criticism before moving on with this. First, I'm plugging for a film that I have not seen yet. Just bear with me and you will know why. Second, why am I ignoring the new Jackie Chain/Jet Li film and the new Harold and Kumar sequel? Well, you know what? I just wanted to write about this film and its premise. As the Asian film of the month, I don't think any film could top this entry. Just bear with me. Welcome to "Machine Girl!"

Okay, you're not crazy. That is a girl with a machine gun replacing her left arm. Remember how people went crazy over Cherry Darling in Grindhouse? Well, I think fans will go even crazier for this film. This is a GRINDHOUSE-type film, but with a slightly higher budget. The plot looks great too.


Plot (from IMDB):

The life of a young, Japanese schoolgirl is destroyed when her family is killed by a Ninja-Yakuza family. Her hand cut off, she replaces it with various machines-of-death, and seeks revenge. Opens in Japan in 2008.

Alright, that's it. I don't think the plot could get any better than that. Not only do we get Ninjas, we get NINJA-YAKUZAS.




Look, I just can't see why this film CAN'T be awesome. I really can't. It's just impossible.

No comments: